Negative ions are present everywhere in nature; during rainstorms & lightning, through waterfalls, at the tops of mountains. They are very present at the beach, through ocean waves and wind. You may feel very connected to nature while being outside in the rain, or spending a day at the beach.
During a storm, negative ions are increased – sometimes you can even feel a sensation right before it starts to rain. They neutralize positive ions that we are constantly bombarded with.
What’s the Problem with Positive Ions?
Electronics such as TVs, computers, cellphones, WiFi routers, and electrical wiring all emit lots of positively-charged ions. The electromagnetic waves of energy constantly going through us can be quite troubling for some. Some people cannot even fall asleep with WiFi routers on.
It is thought that the bombardment by all of this energy from devices and electronics creates anxiety/stress, headaches/migraines, and other issues.
Himalayan salt lamps work by emitting negative ions into the air when they are heated, neutralizing positive ions that are surround us in our homes or workplace.
Tips for Reducing Energy Bombardment
- Keeping a Himalayan salt lamp in your home can help to neutralize positive ions.
- Your shower is a spot in your home that naturally creates negative ions. That is why showers feel so refreshing and rejuvenating at the end of a stressful day.
- Turn off your WiFi router when you aren’t using it; it doesn’t need to be on 24/7.
- Unplug electronics when you aren’t using them – some are still on stand-by mode.
- Place your bed along a wall that does not have an electrical box on the outside.
- Consider turning off power to your bedroom if you have trouble sleeping.